Aglio e Olio Pasta | Twisted Recipes | Fresh Options
Aglio e Olio Pasta with Chicken Hungarian Sausage
- 240 grams pasta noodles (or your preferred pasta shape)
- 100 grams thinly sliced bacon cut into strips
- 100 grams Chicken Hungarian Sausage, crumbled or your preferred slice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt to taste
- 2 small handful roughly chopped parsley
- 2 small handful finely sliced basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Cook the pasta noodles in about two liters of water with a tablespoon and a half of salt until al dente
While the pasta cooks, heat a frying pan.
Add the bacon and sausage meat and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
Scoop out the meat with a spoon and transfer to a plate or shallow bowl
Pour the olive oil into the pan.
Over medium heat, cook the garlic until lightly browned.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds.
Return the bacon and sausage meat to the pan and cook for a few seconds longer until the meats are heated through. Turn off the heat.
Drain the pasta, add to the meat and toss.
Pour in the lemon juice. Toss some more.
Add the parsley and basil, and toss again.
Taste the pasta. If it needs more salt, add more salt.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if using, and serve.